Monday, March 1, 2010

New 6 Weeks

Today began the 5th six weeks of the school year.  We all agreed that this year has been going by so quickly.  Each day we are continually amazed by how quickly lunch time arrives; it is as if the clock has grown feet and is running to the beach for summer without us.

We began our day with Spanish and impressed Mrs. Robinett so much that she believes we are ready to become a Spanish only class.  Well, at least for her class.  I am definitely not capable of teaching in Spanish.  Guess I will need to join the students in taking Spanish!  :)

In Bible we introduced our memory verse for the week.  II Corinthians 12:9-10  "For when I am weak then I am strong."  We talked about how diamonds shine more brilliantly against a dark backdrop than a light one.  The same is true with our faith.  God's glory shines brighter when He uses us mightily in an area in which we ourselves are weak.

In Math we continued work on two-digit division and continued reviewing all computation with fractions.  Language brought us editing work on our rough drafts.  Our one page paper on Helen Keller is due Wednesday.  It is simply a warm up for the big library research report due in April.  What a challenge that I know all the students are up for.  They will do amazing!

In Reading we read a poem and talked about personification.  I used personification in my post today.  Can you find it?  Comment your answer and I will randomly pick a winner.  The prize?  A Reese's!!  Can't beat it!

We read about birds in Science.  Did you know that birds have hollow bones with tiny ribs inside?  I am continually amazed at the creativity God displayed when He created us...in 7 days no less!  Okay...6!  :)

Great events in English History was still the subject in our History lesson today.  We read about the Great Exhibition of 1851, Beatrix Potter and Margaret Thatcher.  I believe America is in need of Margaret Thatcher today.  Pray that God will raise up a leader for our who displays a strong work ethic with the willingness to fearlessly declare that our goodness will only be based on the Word of God.

We ended our day in study hall and then PE.  It was a good day.

       Mrs. Bates

1 comment:

  1. It seems that the clock has grown feet and is running to the beach for summer without us.

    Jackson

    ReplyDelete