With the beginning of a new semester, we are incorporating a new idea. Each day of this semester we will be posting about the events of our day. We will all take turns writing and look forward to reading your comments! Enjoy!
What a day we enjoyed in 5th grade today. Coming into our room after an enjoyable two week break was such a treat! Mr. Calhoun had painted our room while we were out of school! It is a beautiful and relaxing shade of blue. Kayten said it goes perfectly with our star theme...as if we are looking at the sky!
In Chapel, Pastor Jeremy encouraged us from Matthew 7:12 to treat people the way we want to be treated. Many of us accepted his challenge to choose one person and do something nice for them each day. It will be exciting to see how God works through us as we strive to "shine like the stars" this week.
We got back in the swing of things in class with a little whiteboard relay writing contractions and using apostrophes correctly, classifying animals and the things we might find under our beds, learning how powerful steam is inside a teakettle (and how important it is not to forget when the stove is on!) and a secret point contest as we reviewed for our History test.
It was another great day at ETCS! We are so blessed to be a part of this amazing family!
Mrs. Bates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Mrs. Bates
ReplyDeleteIt thrills me to see your students using technology. I love the blog you have set up. I am no longer teaching 5th grade. I am an instructional reading coach at Reeds Spring Intermediate School. I miss the classroom, but I still get to work with students. Tell your students that I am looking forward to reading more of their writing on the blog. I can't believe how big your kiddos are getting. We are having snow and have been out of school for a few days. Today was the first day back. More snow on the way. Tell your students I have enjoyed seeing the pictures you have posted.
Mrs. Bates,
ReplyDeleteI think that this class blog is a wonderful idea. I look forward to seeing what the students have to say about class!
Mrs. Bates 5th grade class.
ReplyDeleteThis is Mrs. Johnson from Reeds Spring, MO. We have several inches of snow on the ground and have had two days off of school, but we have to make them up. I enjoy all your postings. You all do alot of learning and fun things. I love the way you have Bible time. Keep up the great work. You have a wonderful teacher.