After three half days last week and a full day of rest yesterday to remember a man strong enough to speak boldly for what he believed, we all returned to class. When I say all, I mean all! Zayne returned to class after his surgery and recuperation. We are so glad to have him back! He is a great leader with his polite behavior and selfless actions. The class is blessed to have him.
In chapel today, Pastor Jeremy laid down the law...L - listen to advice; A - accept instruction; W - wisdom will follow. We played a couple rounds of Simon Says to illustrate the "listen and accept" part. Of course, a fifth grader won! Go Melayna...great listening skills!
We began changing improper fractions today in math and paraphrased our favorite Bible story in language. Our reading selection that we began today is based on a true story of a missionary who never gave up on telling one man about the love of Jesus. I look forward to the end of the story tomorrow.
Our new chapter in Science is about the sky. I love this part of science! We began by reading about the sun. We will move on to the moon, stars and the planets.
In History, we read about Sparta and Athens in Ancient Greece. These two city-states were so different and yet so close together geographically. We enjoyed a great discussion and challenged ourselves to make a difference in our world.
As a bonus...we heard a brief overview on the Apgar score for newborns. Anyone know what theirs was?
Mrs. Bates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Mrs. Bates,
ReplyDeleteI have enjoyed reading the blog posts from your students! It sounds like you have a wonderful group of students. I pray for them and I pray for you when I read the blog. I hope you all have a blessed week.
Princess Lynn,
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love that you follow our class and comment on their posts. It is encouraging for them to know that their writings are being read. You are amazing!
Love you!
Gay